History of our School
St. Michael’s Catholic Primary School has served the parish of St. Michael’s, East Ham since 1926. Children were originally taught in the church hall before the present building was erected in 1931.
Various additions and changes have taken place to the original building since then. The new school hall was completed in March 2001. In 2003 the main building was completely refurbished and two new classrooms were added to the west side of the building. In February 2004 a new 52 place nursery was opened. During the last five years new classrooms have been added, providing the children with a music room, a new learning room and a library. Children between the ages of 3 and 11 now attend the school.