MENTAL HEALTH AND WELL BEING
At St Michael's, we are committed to supporting the emotional health and well being of our pupils and staff. We know that everyone experiences life challenges that can make us vulnerable and at times, anyone may need additional emotional support. We take the view that positive mental health is everybody’s business and that we all have a role to play.
At our school we:
- help children to understand their emotions and feelings better
- help children feel comfortable sharing any concerns or worries
- help children socially to form and maintain relationships
- promote self esteem and ensure children know that they count
- encourage children to be confident and ‘dare to be different’
- help children to develop emotional resilience and to manage setbacks
We have our own School Counsellor who comes into school once a week from the Brentwood Catholic Children's Society. Our counsellor works with children for a wide variety of reasons and these children and families are welcoming of her support. Here is a link to the Brentwood Catholic Children's Society if you would like to read more about the support they can offer.
The calendar below is taken from the website http://www.actionforhappiness.org and gives some lovely ideas on how we can improve our own well being and the well being of others by showing kindness to others.
If you have any concerns about your child or would like some support yourself then please come and speak to a member of school staff for some support.